Poetry Workshops: Sharon Springs Poetry Festival
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center, Inc. is proud to present the third Sharon Springs Poetry Festival, in Sharon Springs, NY October 17-19, 2019.
This year's festival features award-winning California-based poet, nonfiction writer and educator Ellen Bass, Princeton University faculty member and award winning poet Michael Dickman, and best-selling novelist and poet Erica Jong. (Click poets names for biographical information.)
Visit www.klinkhart.org/poetry for full Festival details.
FREE WORKSHOPSOn Saturday, October 19, Ellen Bass and Michael Dickman will join Festival founder and internationally acclaimed poet Paul Muldoon at 10:00 AM at the Sharon Springs Free Library to conduct free community workshops.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with an award winning poet to hone your skills and craft as a poet.
- These workshops are always fully subscribed so pre-registration is required.
- To register use the ticket box at the top of this page to "purchase" your free ticket for the workshop of your choice.
- Limit one ticket per person; one workshop per person.
- If your first choice for a workshop is "sold out" select one of the others.
- If all workshops are "sold out" you may choose the "waiting list" ticket; you will be notified if there is a cancellation.
**Waiting list tickets are first come, first served for any available opening. You cannot specify a workshop conducted by a specific poet.**
What you need to know before you arrive for a workshop:
- Each participant must bring 13 copies of a poem of their own composition to share with the group.
- Each workshop is strictly limited to 12 participants: no visitors, no auditors, no swapping, no exceptions!
- Your ticket will admit you only to the workshop specified when you make your "purchase."
- No late arrivals!!!
- If you have a waiting list ticket, and if there is a cancellation, you will be notified of an opening before the workshop date.
- For directions to the Library visit www.klinkhart.org/directions.
Support for the 2019 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center depends on donations from individuals, foundations, corporations and public agencies to support its programming activities.
This project is made possible, in part, with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered in Schoharie County by The Greene County Council on the Arts.
Additional funding is provided by The Albert H. Shaheen Memorial Fund, through the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc.
By Walmart, Cobleskill Supercenter, and Walmart Distribution Center, Sharon Springs.
And by Sterling Insurance in Cobleskill.
Major support for the event is also provided by the American Hotel, with additional support from 204 Main Bistro, the Black Cat Cafe, the Roseboro Hotel, Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza, and from the many decicated Friends of Klinkhart Hall.
Sharon Springs Free Library (View)
129 Main Street
Sharon Springs, NY 13459